Friday, March 22, 2013


I've been making a conscious effort to take pictures on my runs recently, and have learned a few things about myself re: running:
  1. A run is always better when you can see the mountains. This has been the hardest thing for this valley kid to get use to--the idea that you can only see the mountains when the clouds are in the EXACT perfect position. This hardly ever happens, so days when you can see the mountains are the most exciting of all. 
  2. I live in an insanely beautiful city. This place is absolutely bonkers! I can get so caught up in my day-to-day that I forget to stop and look around--runs are a great opportunity for looking around. 
  3. Each of my runs lately have come with a feeling of finality (if that makes sense at all). It might be because I'm finishing university, or because my time to leave the island is nigh, but I keep thinking, "soak it in! Take everything in now!"
  4. I love running. Even when I don't think I love running, I love running. 

No comments: