Tuesday, September 17, 2013


For all those Victoria friends who became sick of my continuous proclamation, "look at that doooooog!!!" I'll have you know that being reunited with this little guy has calmed me down a tinge. But just a tinge.

For those you who don't know, this is Abednego (I had to google the spelling, and I must say that I always thought it was Abendigo)-- named for the infamous Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Abednego the dog, known by those closest (and furthest) from him as Benny, appears to have had a "fiery furnace" experience at some point in his short life, or so I think. He has his people, mainly my father, mother and myself, but seems to just despise everyone else who chooses to come near him. I assume the biblical Abednego had a pretty serious experience with trauma post furnace, and I think Benny too is traumatized. That's just my theory however.

I will say this, if you choose to meet my dog Benny, make sure you cover up your ankles. They seem to be his favorite place to bite. Perhaps there's a large artery there that only french dogs know about. 

No comments: