Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Hair!

I recently chopped off my long locks. I went from this:



To this:



The moment my hair was cut, I was reminded of a scene from Little Women (one of my favorite movies as a kid). It's the scene where Jo cuts all of her hair, and when her sister finds her crying she asks if she's crying because she misses her father who is in the war and strong, beautiful, witty jo says, "my hair!" If you have no clue what I'm talking about, check out the scene here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUCLtTg6Mh4

I feel ya Jo. I want to be a strong woman, but it's amazing how much of myself feels like it's missing post haircut. Am I being dramatic, yes. But it's ok to be a little dramatic every now and then.

My solution, some totally slammin' headbands. Here is my inspiration:

A headband designed by "thecandytheif" found on Etsy:


A beauty by "topherco", also found on Etsy:


And this one by "GreyDesign":


Oh beautiful headbands, you give my too-short-do hope!

No comments: