Friday, January 21, 2011

Instead of spending my poorly planned time studying, I decided instead to work on a late birthday gift for my good friend, Heather. Seeing as I am just about jobless (officially jobless in exactly eight days), I knew it had to be something cheep, so what better thing to do then make her something. First stop, quilt store to buy some Amy Butler prints.

My camera/the lighting/my photography skills, did some funny things to poor Amy's fabric because these colors are not exact. The only reason I really noticed is because the middle-left piece is supposed to be lime green. Strangely enough, I don't think I like the toned down version. My mom and sister would get a kick out of that. I just love slime-lime!

Next step, create something awesome.













It's a pretty flimsy little clutch, but I'm pretty much in love with it. Unfortunately, I didn't think about how I would close it... any thoughts? I was thinking about trying to find a decent sized silver button and attempting a button hole--so risky.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Beautiful clutch!! I vote sew on a snap for function and then a beautiful button on the outside for no purpose other then fashion;)