Sunday, January 19, 2014


This January I have been completely spoiled by two of my favorite people on the entire planet - Andra and Shelaine. Also known as my soul sisters. Also known as my Victoria besties. 

First came Andra, for an entire five days, and I got to bask in her incredible, fun-loving, gentle spirit. I got to tell her all the things that were ailing me, and she taught me how to eat like the lactose and gluten sensitive person that I now am. 

Andra made a lot of the things that have been scaring me about living in Kelowna
a lot less scary. Her presence provided a peace of mind that I was where I was meant to be. 

Then came Shelaine. 

I had food poisoning the day we were supposed to hang out, which was awful. But we did get some time in and it was lovely in a totally different way. Shelaine and I have always been pretty superb at sharing our hearts with one another. Our guts just sort of spill out all over the place and we carefully try to sift through them together.

After both Shelaine and Andra were gone I thought that I would be yearning for Victoria in a big way, and man, do I ever want to visit! But I feel in a brand new way like my chapter in Victoria has closed, and while I still find myself a little unbalanced here in the valley... 

I know I am right where I need to be.

1 comment:

andra said...

Beauty.