Saturday, September 28, 2013

HOT CHOCOLATE, YOU GUYS. Hot chocolate.

I've been drinking hot chocolate most every day, because geez, Kelowna fall feels like Victoria winter! What is even up with that!

My most beloved recipe to date:

Step 1: Fill your favorite mug with almond milk (or whatever milk product your heart and stomach fancy)
Step 2: Pour your almond milk into a pot... sauce pan... what's the difference?... with a tablespoon of cocoa, and a tablespoon or two of pumpkin pie purée (I kid you not), and a tablespoon or so of maple syrup.
Step 3: Let everything heat up together while whisking the whole mess together.
Step 4: Give it a taste, you may want to add some extra cinnamon, or cloves, or maybe more cocoa, I always want to add more pumkin. Do what you will.
Step 5: TA-DA! Pumpkin hot chocolate. No jokes

Adapted from this recipe: Pumpkin Hot Chocolate by Food Doodles

Next I want to try Spiced Hot Chocolate by This Homemade Life.

The combinations are endless! Do you guys have a favorite hot chocolate recipe? Please send it my way!

No comments: